Advantage of Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning
Advantages of Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning
Many new homeowners are aware of all of the yearly maintenance required to keep a house safe. One of the most useful and responsible measures a homeowner can take to protect their family is to have a professional dryer vent cleaning performed yearly.
Blocked dryer vents cause thousands of fires a year. Avoid putting your family at risk with simple upkeep. Make sure the job is completed by a certified professional that can guarantee their work.
Warning signs that your dryer vent needs cleaning:
- Dry times take longer — If a normal load takes longer than the typical 45-minute dry cycle this could be a sign.
Dry times can take twice or even three times as long due to vent blockage.
- Clothes and machine become very hot — Without proper ventilation, heat cannot transfer safely away from the house. It builds within the machine and even clothing making them extremely hot to the touch.
- Burning smell or increased humidity — This is especially true if the vent blockage has lasted for years. Clothing can eventually burn and the laundry room will have a noticeable change. This can even lead to a musty smell due to an accumulation of water vapor.
- Vent hood flap obstruction — Check if this flap does not open properly allowing for unobstructed airflow. This is a clear sign of low exhaust velocity and another sign of lint and debris blockage.
Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning
Standard household vacuums can leave the job half complete and may not have powerful enough suction to dislodge debris in the creases of ventilation tubing. Industrial strength HEPA vacuums, on the other hand, are powerful enough to get any job done. Professional technicians are well trained in blocking off the laundry area properly so that home air quality is never compromised.
Ductwork connected from the dryer can extend anywhere from two to twenty feet. Certified technicians have specialized tools, including expandable fiber-glass shafts and long-bristle brushes, that can tackle ductwork of any length.
Often times the vent release will be on the roof of a home or building. This adds an additional degree of difficulty trained professionals are prepared for. Part of the roof may have to be peeled back or removed during the cleaning process.
Benefits of Cleaning Air Ducts and Dryer Vents
- Reduces operating costs of running the dryer
- Improves the efficiency of the machine
- Exposure to high heat for a prolonged period of time can lead to machine failure.
- Ensures articles of clothing are not ruined (especially delicates) as a result of high heat exposure.
- Decreases mold exposure
- Promotes overall fire safety